School In The Fall 2020- Talking to a NYS School Principal
Ellen O’Niell is a school prinipical in NYS. She likes to think outside the box and is trying to collaborate with other educators to follow guidelines and safely navigate the new school year for our children. Listen to this Episode to find out what school in the Fall 2020 will look like and you will get the inside scoop on what goes on behind the scenes and in the minds of those leading the charge!
School In The Fall 2020- Show Notes:
[04:25] Ellen’s thoughts on the COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on education
- Ellen feels like we’re like building a plane while we’re flying. We’re thrown in to the idea of remote learning.
- We don’t know what’s going to happen in the next school year until August.
- The virus will tell what should happen and the safety of the kids and facilitators should be an utmost priority.
[06:10] What happened when the shutdown happened New York
- At first, they thought that it was just like the flu. They suddenly felt that it’s a different matter when CDC started to come out.
- They had a few days to prepare for what will happen if the classes will be closed.
- Teachers adapted to Google Classroom to be consistent.
[10:30] Online activities for the students to end the school year
- Highschool students will have an online commencement.
- They are planning a “drive-thru graduation” to have a sense of a new normal for the kids
[14:38] Alternative learning for students
- Remote learning will be the alternative for students
- There’s a high chance that classes will go back to remote learning in November because it’s flu season
- Social distancing will be a huge challenge for the classroom.
- There’s not enough data with what’s working or not because things change constantly.
To listen to more podcasts like this one click here
For amazing Curlee Girlee activities to do with your child during corona-virus download our FREE downloadable coloring pages
About The Author
Atara Twersky, Author of Curlee Girlee is a TODAY Show Style Icon. Her mission is to teach girls to embrace the beautiful curls they have with power and confidence. Join us as together we change the “coarse” of curly hair. Don’t forget to read our recent article featuring charities that Curlee Girlee loves!
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest