Mom, Attorney, and Change Maker Faith Fox Discusses Discrimination in Schools After Her Son was Wrongfully Expelled (PART 2)
Recently featured in the NY Times, Faith Fox is an attorney and single mom who wasn’t seeking the spotlight but became someone to reckon with when her son’s 9th grade class introduced a book assignment that she felt was inappropriate, especially as he is one of only 2 black children in the classroom. Faith’s son was a straight A student and rising basketball star but he was expelled nonetheless. Faith stood up for what she believed was right. What do we teach our children, when we punish them and their parents for taking a stand??
Faith Fox Show Notes:
- 00:54 – Would things be different if the school has a different head of diversity program
- 04:54 – Are other schools using the inappropriate book
- 05:55 – Schools in general need to give a voice to both students and parents
- 13:29 – What happened after the New York Times coverage
- 22:25 – The case of a New York Jewish school that got hacked by a white supremacist group
To listen to more podcasts like this one click here
About The Author
Atara Twersky, Author of Curlee Girlee is a TODAY Show Style Icon. Her mission is to teach girls to embrace the beautiful curls they have with power and confidence. Join us as together we change the “coarse” of curly hair. Don’t forget to read our recent article featuring charities that Curlee Girlee loves!